Deal Desk Lead
As Deal Strategy (Deal Desk) Lead, you will be joining the Sales Operations team in supporting a high growth fast paced Sales and Customer Success org. In this role, you will be reviewing non-standard terms within Enterprise Sales contracts to ensure they are approved by the necessary stakeholders and are not exposing Slack to superfluous or unintended concessions and risk.
Your primary function will be to partner with Sales to structure contracts that mutually benefit Slack and its Customers. Successful candidates will be problem solvers with strong intrapersonal skills, allowing them to introduce healthy friction into deal negotiation while maintaining strong and productive rapport with the Sales team. Candidates will imperatively blend of finance, legal, and accounting acumen as well as general strong business judgement.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Product, and Legal) to ensure that all deals align with corporate strategies and guidelines
- Provide deal structure guidance to field sales; identify and recommend changes to deal structures in response to observed behavior in the field
- Guide sales teams in the deal flow process and ensure smooth handoffs to Order Management and Revenue Operations; drive enhancements to the quote-to-order processes and policies
What you should have
- 4-6 years of work experience (familiarity with Enterprise Software industry in a Deal Desk, Finance, or Sales Operations role experience preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple deals and tasks simultaneously and experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and propose necessary changes
- Comfortable communicating with Executive level decision makers
- Strong analytical skills and experience with profitability analysis and pricing strategy
- Experience with Salesforce and financial modeling in Excel
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.