Customer Success Strategy & Operations Senior Analyst
Slack is looking for a Customer Success Strategy & Operations Senior Analyst to join our growing Sales & Customer Success Business Operations team. This team helps make Slack, its Customer Success organization and our customers successful by providing context, insights, cross-functional partnership, and operational execution and excellence.
In this role, you will influence the strategy and execution for Slack's Services functions - Go-To-Market (GTM) and Specialists - within the Customer Success organization. You will provide insightful analyses and actionable recommendations to the Customer Success leadership team. You will own forecasting and modeling for the Services teams' bookings, billings, and staffing. You will assist with tracking the monthly, quarterly and annual performance for the Services teams. You will be a centralized point of contact for Customer Success, acting as a link between CS and other teams within Slack such as Sales Operations, Field Operations, Business Systems, Business Analytics, and Finance. The right candidate will bring an operational and analytical mindset and the ability to dive into the details and zoom out to see the big picture.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Provide thought leadership to the GTM and Specialists teams and embed yourself in the business.
- Represent both the Customer Success and the Ops/Finance perspectives within conversations, channels, and meetings.
- Become an SME on all Services-leveraged systems, processes, initiatives, reporting and dashboards.
- Own components of the forecasting, planning and P&L modeling for Customer Success, helping to define targets and resource allocations.
- Frame and break down complex problems into key components, design and execute on analyzing large and complex datasets to drive insights and provide recommendations to get results.
- Report on key indicators, drivers and trends for the business on a monthly and quarterly basis, performing ad-hoc analyses as needed.
- Build and maintain reports and dashboards within Salesforce, FinancialForce, and/or Workday Financials.
- Execute the implementation of process and systems enhancements.
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years experience within a Finance or go-to-market strategy, operations and/or analytics role at a SaaS-based company.
- Previous experience using Salesforce CRM and FinancialForce with an understanding of their basic structure and advanced reporting capabilities—bonus points for experience with Workday Financials.
- Experience using SQL to pull large data sets.
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint, and G Suite.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills—you are able to establish yourself as a trusted business partner who can influence decision-making and outcomes.
- Aptitude for framing business questions in analytic terms and translating business requirements into useful datasets and analyses with actionable insights.
- Experience driving projects from start to finish across multiple functions and departments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous team environment.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.