Product Manager, Monetization
We are looking for a product manager to help us grow our customer base and make every team on Slack more productive through our premium products. Slack already has one of the largest paid customer bases in enterprise software, with hundreds of thousands of recurring paid teams. In this role, you’ll strive to 10x the Slack paid customer base and as a result shape the growth of the company and an entire industry by ensuring Slack is “where work gets done", especially as the world continues to shift to remote.
This product manager will join the Monetization team, with the initial responsibility for making Slack's premium products dramatically easier and more compelling to purchase. You’ll lead our pricing and packaging efforts, to ensure that Slack is easy to buy for all types of users and teams. You will deliver a best-in-class experience with close collaboration with cross-functional technical, business, and external teams.
You should be a hands-on and technically savvy Product Manager who is constantly identifying user problems and thinking critically about which to prioritize. You know how to measure and interpret the results of your team’s efforts. You can effectively navigate complex systems and can communicate product requirements to both engineering and non technical teams. You love working on teams, side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You easily manage several projects at once and you don’t miss deadlines.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- You will develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to develop a best in class purchase experience for Slack’s paid features in concert with cross-functional peers.
- You’ll determine the company’s pricing and packaging strategy, and how we think about our freemium and paid tiers.
- You’ll become an authority on your product area. You’ll identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of research, feedback collection from cross-functional teammates and competitive data analysis.
- You’ll define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
- You’ll own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- You’ll drive execution against our plan in collaboration with Engineering and Design peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs and risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication.
- You’ll partner closely with leaders across product, engineering, finance, and operations, as well as external partners and customers.
- You’ll execute at a fast pace with a focus on delivering impact to customers
What you should have
- Passion about Slack and the problem we’re solving.
- At least 3+ years of experience leading major product or growth initiatives across user-facing products. You can take rough themes and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance.
- Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
- Technical experience so that you can weigh tradeoffs and have in depth discussions with engineers on the nuances of complex engineering systems.
- Data-minded whenever possible. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL.
- Ability to think big and small to build a portfolio of experiments and larger features. You are as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow and know when to do which.
- Impeccable follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- Product taste and craft. You will own important product interactions with every Slack customer, and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- You’re comfortable discussing technical tradeoffs with engineers.
- Written communication that is clear and effective.
The base pay range targeted for this role is $115,000 - $140,000. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based messaging platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.