Sr. Engineering Manager, Messaging
Slack is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Conversations, Search, and Channels (CSC) team. This team is responsible for making essential communication and collaboration experiences at Slack expressive, intuitive, and relevant. This team develops new features across our core product which impacts Message Composition, Search, Notifications, Channels, and Threads - amongst other things. This team develops and supports the features that our end users rely on every day.
The main responsibility of this person will be to meet regularly with the engineers on the engineering team in order to gather feedback from them on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
What you will be doing
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies.
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events.
What you should have
- 3+ years of serving in an Engineering Manager role.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.