Sr. Quantitative Researcher, Marketing
We are hiring a Senior Quantitative Researcher to increase the efficacy of our product, go-to-market, and brand strategies as well as improve our understanding of the world of modern knowledge work. You will not only be an integral part of the Research & Analytics team, but also a key partner for those on our Marketing, Product, Brand, Sales, Communications, Public Relations, and Executive teams. You will design and execute high-impact primary research and work with various vendors to lead key insights projects. If you are interested in leading the efforts to better understand the world of work, how it's changing, and the needs of today’s knowledge workers, we'd love to hear from you!
Our Research & Analytics team seeks to improve product value throughout the customer experience by understanding the how and why of team workflows, communication processes, and cultures. We provide data at every stage of the product development cycle. In addition to conducting practical and impactful research, we're building and maintaining the strong customer-centered culture at Slack.
The right person for this role will be a quantitative research expert, passionate about understanding the role of technology at work, comfortable in a fast paced organization, and focused on crafting the narrative of Slack. You'll conduct best-in-class research to fulfill Slack’s mission of making working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Conduct independent, full-cycle research projects, from framing research questions to analyzing data to sharing insights with partners
- Employ a variety of research methodologies, including conducting original surveys and analyzing Slack behavioral data
- Turn the patterns you find in our data into key insights and powerful narratives that have the broadest possible application within Slack
- Be an evangelist for our customers, both current and potential, within Slack
What you should have
- 5*+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in quantitative methods, including data collection and analysis
- Experience conducting statistical analyses in R or other scripting languages as well as proficiency in SQL
- Experience working with diverse datasets—large and small, structured and unstructured, behavioral and self-reported
- A love for data—not only collecting data and understanding internal data tables and infrastructure, but also analyzing and combining diverse data sets
- A drive for results and superb computational and analytical skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and passion for setting new standards
- An understanding of the value of storytelling and how to partner closely with others to achieve results
- Experience leading projects involving cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading & working with third party vendors
- Ability and willingness to get into the details
- Comfort engaging in qualitative methods, including user tests and interviews, is a plus
*Through trial and error we've learned that people don't apply unless we provide a guideline. But what’s more important to us than a number are the experiences you’ve had, and the skills you’ve developed, regardless of the length of time it took you to get where you are. Have 20+ years? Awesome, please apply. Have only 2 years, but feel you meet the requirements above? Great, please apply.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.