Sr. Broadcast Engineer
Sr. Broadcast Engineer – Dublin, Ireland
Slack is looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join its growing Media Production Team, that will provide media support to the entire Slack organization. Using strong functional/business expertise and technical proficiencies, this team member will provide broadcast support to business users, in addition to participating in projects and initiatives that will enable and facilitate the continued growth of Slack. You are well-versed in broadcast and video technologies, and a demonstrable ability to develop solutions for complex business problems.
As a Broadcast Engineer on the Media Operations team at Slack, you will work closely with the team to ensure all production equipment is maintained and configured to meet the needs of all live events hosted by Slack. Ensuring the overall health of our audio and video technologies, will be crucial to making us all more productive by enabling us to connect in a richer and more meaningful way. In this role, you will have the opportunity to excel at crafting and building robust A/V Media systems to support the business and to collaborate with multi-functional teams.
You will work with the Sr. Manager of Media Operations and you will be based at our office in Dublin, Ireland. Your team provides the technology and IT Support that makes our employees more effective. Your focus will include, yet is not limited to: video conferencing, live event support, video production, post-production, SaaS applications and integrations with Slack and other tools.
- Responsible for technology within the Slack Event, Training & Studio spaces as well as remote location setups for live events.
- The setup and configuration of new technology. This would include documentation and training and well as system maintenance, patching and upgrades.
- Maintain access control permissions for production equipment and systems in addition to inventory and configuration documentation.
- Broadcast Routing & Production Switcher Configurations. Audio DSP configurations and tuning. Running production control stations on KVM.
- Ensuring production Intercom is available at any office location. Management of ingest and play-out devices. Shared storage management (NAS).
- Serve as the point of contact for network related issues and also operate as EIC (Engineer in Charge) during high profile broadcasts.
- Ability to comfortably step into other production roles as needed (Audio Console, Video Switch, Stream Eng, Cam operator, etc).
- Assist in the continuous improvement of our video conferencing and digital signage ecosystem to ensure flawless experience across offices.
- The individual will be required to undertake Media Productions project work.
- 6+ years in A/V engineering roles, specifically focused on live broadcast.
- Experience with systems across multiple locations (ideally globally).
- BA/BS, or relevant experience.
- Experience in a multifaceted, fast-growing environment.
- Ability to clearly and simply explain complex technical concepts.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.