Senior Design Operations Manager
We’re looking for an experienced design operations manager to join the Slack DesignOps team. This is an opportunity to lead program management for the design side of one of Slack’s most strategic, ambitious, and innovative product teams.
You’ll be a part of our foundation's design leadership team, supporting high quality design work, in product demos, and driving efficient delivery. There’s a whole lot to the world of Slack design, so you’ll have a chance to work across a large roadmap of exciting projects. You’ll be a trusted partner to cross-functional peers across the several feature teams which span multiple product pillars. Your knowledge of design practices and product development methodologies will make you a critical part of communication and management from concept to delivery (and all the fascinating, winding bits between.)
So, if you’re passionate about design and product, thrive when building trusting, collaborative partnerships, geek out on process and have fun doing it… we have a job for you!
The majority of the team is based in San Francisco, California, but this is a remote-friendly position. This role reports into the Sr. Director of Design Operations.
- Partner closely with our VP of Design, Foundations to ensure strategic vision is executed within given timelines and design quality standards.
- Act as a bridge between the design team and the engineering and product management teams on key initiatives.
- Collaborate with IC designers, content strategists, researchers.
- Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc.
- Balance multiple inputs of priorities and needs, making sure inter-dependencies are understood and planned for effectively.
- Capture design requirements and project goals.
- Craft and manage schedules.
- Communicate project and program status.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Hands on experience working with in-house product design teams.
- Real passion for user experience and design.
- An understanding of design quality and product strategy.
- An understanding of the design and product development process.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse partners.
- Ability to work across multiple complex programs.
- Nice to have: prior experience working with design research.
- Nice to have: experience working with both product and marketing teams.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.