Sales Development Representative
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We are looking for highly motivated Sales Development Representatives to join our fast growing Sales organization.
Our culture is the north star that guides how we work together and with our customers. Are you looking to build something greater than yourself? Do you want to work alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people in the industry? If so, Slack just might be the place for you.
We'll help you build your career in Sales while you collaborate with a diverse team of talented individuals. If you are a self-starter who is deeply passionate about customer happiness, read on.
What you will be doing
- Provide a world-class customer experience to all inbound leads expressing interest in Slack via multiple channels, including phone, email, and live chat
- Conduct context gathering and qualification calls with all inbound prospects in order to drive new sales pipeline
- Run full sales-cycle, lead to close, with Slack’s emerging business prospects
- Become a product expert and learn Slack's selling practices
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with leads in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Identify inefficiencies and implement improvements in our process
- Manage multiple projects at a time and prioritize workload within the team to ensure that project timelines are met.
- Work across the sales department to roll out new initiatives.
What you should have
- 1+ years of full-time work experience in sales, marketing or customer success
- Commitment to pursuing a career in sales
- Demonstrated familiarity with enterprise SaaS
- Strong stakeholder management skills; building relationships with the ability to facilitate decision making at all levels
- Consistent track record of overachieving
- Empathic listener and persuasive communicator
- Competitive, resilient, and highly motivated
- A great attitude and love for teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree required
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $45,000.00 + commission. This base pay range is for illustrative purposes only. This position is eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: incentive compensation; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; commuter benefits; paid time off (including PTO, emergency time off, paid sick leave, medical leave, volunteer time off, civic duty leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); parental leave and benefits; mobile phone and internet allowance; perks stipend; and other employee perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.