Sr. IT Systems Engineer, Identity
As a member of Business Technology (BizTech) at Slack, you will be part of a team of engineers who specialize in delivering reliable infrastructure and SaaS services to our users. Slack is a global company, and these services are critical to ensuring our employees have delightful technology experiences. We also partner with the Slack Product team internally to help make the platform better through feedback and insight from an IT perspective.
The BizTech Engineering team is seeking an engineer with an accomplished background in the implementation, administration, and automation of identity services for our end users internally. This role will partner with every team in the company to design, implement, and support our identity experience, with a focus on quality and craftsmanship.
- Development of the technology roadmap for our corporate identity systems across Slack, in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Identify and implement any new technology or upgrades necessary to provide our users with an amazing identity experience.
- Design and implement the necessary RBAC model for our corporate identities.
- Design and implement, in conjunction with other teams, any auditing workflows that are necessary for access groups.
- Define the workflows needed to efficiently and securely onboard and offboard users at Slack.
- Developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks via tools or scripting.
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders on IT-related initiatives and projects.
- Collaborating with peers to write, review, and provide feedback on a technical specification.
- Providing technical oversight and mentorship to more junior team members.
- 8+ years of experience designing, implementing, and support identity systems in a corporate environment
- 4+ years of experience with Single Sign On (SSO) tools
- Specific experience with Okta, optional experience with Sailpoint or other IGA tools
- Experience in an ITGC/SOX-regulated environment
- Experience working with Workday integrations
- Familiar with SAML, SCIM, OpenID Connect, APIs, OAuth, MFA, Kerberos/NTLM, LDAP
- B.S. in computer science or similar field or equivalent experience.
- You have the ability to gracefully react to high-priority requirements with little or no notice, providing clear documentation and follow-through.
- You have the ability to balance contending priorities and work alone or within a team equally well.
- You have excellent reliability, dependability, and integrity.
- You have solid attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have great people and communication skills and are driven to solve people's problems.
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.