Deal Strategy Analyst
As Deal Strategy/Deal Desk Analyst, you will be joining the Sales Operations team in supporting a high growth, fast paced Sales and Customer Success org. In this role, you will be reviewing non-standard terms within Enterprise Sales contracts to ensure they are approved by the necessary stakeholders and are not exposing Slack to superfluous or unintended concessions and risk.
Your primary function will be to partner with Sales to structure contracts that mutually benefit Slack and its Customers. Successful candidates will be problem solvers with strong intrapersonal skills, allowing them to introduce healthy friction into deal negotiation while maintaining strong and productive rapport with the Sales team. Candidates will imperatively have a blend of finance, legal, and accounting acumen as well as general strong business judgement.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Sales, Finance, Product, and Legal) to ensure that all deals align with corporate strategies and guidelines
- Provide deal structure guidance to field sales; identify and recommend changes to deal structures in response to observed behavior in the field
- Guide sales teams in the deal flow process and ensure smooth handoffs to Order Management and Revenue Operations; drive enhancements to the quote-to-order processes and policies
What you should have
- 2 - 4 years of work experience (familiarity with Enterprise Software industry in a Deal Desk, Finance, or Sales Operations role experience preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple deals and tasks simultaneously and experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and propose necessary changes
- Comfortable communicating with Executive level decision makers
- Strong analytical skills and experience with profitability analysis and pricing strategy
- Experience with Salesforce and financial modeling in Excel
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.