Sr. Business Systems Developer, Localization
The Localization Team at Slack aims to set a new standard to help customers worldwide feel at home at work. We want to inspire the minds and win the hearts of Slack’s customers with an experience that feels native to our customers. Localization team members support all translations across multiple departments at Slack, using domain expertise to make or advocate for the best decisions for our users worldwide.
As the Senior Business Systems Developer for Localization, you’ll be critical to helping us optimize our workflows and tools, as well as build them for areas where they don’t yet exist. You will collaborate with several cross-functional groups, as well as with various members of our team, on technical matters that affect stakeholders across Slack. We’re looking for an especially motivated individual who can execute independently on our most pressing technical problems.
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build efficient, scalable processes for teams across Slack.
- Evaluate these processes on a regular basis, experimenting with more cost efficient ways to do our work.
- Work with our Business Systems Lead to conduct experiments when unsure of what path to pursue.
- Maintain localization tooling and ensure API connectors are set up to create efficient workflows & increase job automation.
- Look for opportunities to expand and optimize vendor tooling.
- Enable localization pillars to do their work efficiently by providing technical expertise & solutions.
- Partner with the Projects pillar on scoping out multi-functional work, crystallizing problem statements, and ensuring that work is executed in a way that scales.
- Ensure documentation of our tooling and technical processes up to date.
- Execute high complexity projects & serve as a strategic thought partner to our Lead developer.
What You Should Have
- Over 3 years of experience working with Localization teams.
- Experience with business analysis and business process improvement, preferably in a hyper growth environment.
- Passionate about Localization and the problems we are solving.
- Demonstrate an understanding of web technologies, REST APIs and the basic programming concepts. Active coding isn't a requirement, but diagnosing issues and understanding the code will be important.
- Some experience with low-code tools like Zapier, Workato, App Sheet, Tray.io, Mulesoft, etc.
- An inclusive and proactive communicator: you can work well with teams and partners of varying subject areas, across multiple locations.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptable with proven analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills. You can give and solicit constructive feedback.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Visa sponsorship is not available for candidates living outside the country of this position.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.