Slack is looking for an experienced Compensation Manager to join our growing People team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, like to build and scale programs and processes, and work with smart and nice people -- Read on!
- Lead compensation projects from design through execution, including modeling, project planning, communicating, and training
- Consult with Leadership, People Partners and Recruiters to make compensation recommendations and resolve compensation issues using a data-driven approach
- Analyze market data to assess competitiveness on cash, incentive, and equity
- Create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data
- Empower Leaders and People Partners with People data to help drive People decisions
- Seek opportunities for process improvements through automation or integration of systems
- 5+ years of compensation experience with in-depth knowledge of compensation best practices
- You are analytical and you pay attention to the details while still seeing the bigger picture. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is doing it right the first time. You are focused and nothing is going to fall through the cracks on your watch.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You don’t get flustered easily and you don’t give up. If you don’t know the answer, you will keep working at it until you figure it out.
- You communicate clearly and write well. You can explain anything to anyone particularly around compensation and People data.
- You like learning new things and you can learn quickly. When things change, you can roll with it.
- You like emojis
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field is preferred
- Experience with statistics
- Experience with Workday is a plus
Does this describe you? Reach out to us and let’s chat!
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.