Slack is seeking an experienced Internal Communications Manager to join our growing team in San Francisco. Slack is experiencing rapid growth, so you need to be comfortable (and actually thrive) in an extremely fast paced environment. We are building many programs and processes from scratch and need a team member with a solid foundation of success in doing just that! Sound like you? Great. Come work at Slack!
- Support company and department-wide internal communications and change management efforts.
- Ensure information is effectively cascaded throughout the organization.
- Gather employee feedback and help drive continuous improvement of internal communications efforts.
- Coordinate global cross-functional communications and information sharing.
- Partner with PR and Marketing on major launches and event communications.
- Act as a champion and driver of Slack’s culture as we continue to scale and grow, including partnership on diversity & inclusion and community efforts.
- Support coordination, content and execution of major internal events, like company and department all hands meetings, speaker series, and more.
- Be comfortable acting as backup for the Head of Internal Communications as needed.
- 8-10 years experience in corporate communications, with a passion for and experience in internal communications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field preferred
- Experience driving and scaling culture with growing teams; international experience a big plus
- Creative, strategic thinker and writer with strong editing skills and a proven ability to create, own and execute comprehensive communication plans
- Tech and business savvy person who can quickly learn our business and products
- Team player who can work well with different working styles and personality types
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented
- Open to learning, feedback and coaching
- Extremely flexible working style – depending on the day, almost anything might be your job!
Slack is a messaging app for teams that is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.