Slack is seeking a skilled Online Advertising Manager to drive team growth and activations via digital paid media. In this role you’ll manage the strategy, execution and analysis of paid media programs. Our Online Advertising Manager will be charged with planning paid media strategy, and all budgeting and forecasting. You’ll be entrenched in programmatic buying, bidding strategy, bid optimization, and media planning. Ad operations, targeting tactics, and building audience profiles are also major pieces of this role. The ideal candidate will comfortable with the intricacies of programmatic buying tools and have the ability to dissect campaign performance. This Manager will implement optimizations that improve performance. Slack seeks a persuasive self-starter who will make a big impact on a small, entrepreneurial, high-performing team!
- Create multi-channel media plans leveraging media research tools and resources to aid in plan development and buy recommendations that deliver on established KPIs.
- Develop targeting and audience tactics using 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data. Develop and own audience segmentation recommendations.
- Provide points of view on media opportunities, conduct competitive analysis and analyze media alternatives to recommend the best allocation of the working media budget.
- Facilitate the presentation and execution of media plans; manage updates, timelines, cross-departmental issues/ questions regarding campaign execution.
- Daily review of campaign performance and implementation of performance-improvement tactics. Regularly optimize and manage campaigns and ensure campaign pacing and performance have met or are beating KPI goals. Manage campaign budget.
- Conduct regular performance analysis and communicate optimization recommendations to stakeholders in a clear, cogent fashion.
- Assist with codifying and sharing best practices across teams.
- Work closely with our partners (technology, media, and data) for planning, campaign optimizations, and reporting.
- 4-5 years of experience working in digital media (agency side preferable) with a focus on digital planning, activation, and operations in B2B SaaS sector.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience booking, managing, and optimizing campaigns within a leading Demand Side Platforms (DSPs) or other programmatic buying tools, especially DoubleClick.
- A deep understanding and working proficiency of biddable platforms, especially DBM.
- Experience with B2B / SaaS focused demand generation and understanding of multiple ads attribution models and conversion path essential.
- Demonstrated ability to develop digital media plans
- Strong mastery of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. Experience in ad operations and bid optimization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop digital media plans inclusive of: target and geography analysis, budget allocation across search, display, video, social and mobile media channels, scheduling and support levels.
Slack is a messaging app for teams that is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.