General Ledger Accountant
As a member of the International Finance team, you will have the opportunity to help drive a variety of new initiatives and support our rapidly growing global organization! Goes without saying but we’re an extremely lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately.
Sound interesting? Then come work at Slack, we’re nice!
This role will be part of a high performing international accounting team, and will be primarily responsible for the US GAAP month end close process and local accounting compliance for the Company’s international entities, but will involve a steady stream of fresh challenges as the Company evolves. The ideal candidate is a team player who is process driven and highly detail oriented, yet cares about continuous improvement and is always striving to make things better.
- Responsible for the US GAAP month end reporting process for the Company’s international entities;,including P&L, Balance Sheet and variance analysis.
- Contribute to quarterly management reporting
- Manage Trial Balance and maintain Balance Sheet reconciliations;
- Ensuring entities are compliant with local statutory requirements, i.e. VAT returns, Statutory Financial Statements, CT returns and all other filings are completed and filed in accordance with local legislation & timelines;
- Manage processes for the preparation of Corporation tax and VAT returns
- Manage processes for the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements
- Assist with the preparation and co-ordination of Statutory Audits
- Create strong business partnerships and manager service levels with third party service providers
- Support the Finance team in design, testing and roll-out of financial reporting systems/tools/processes
- Ensuring all processes are SOX compliant;
- Weekly cash-flow monitoring and reporting;
- Liaising with and assisting external auditors – at local level;
- Monthly and annual assistance with forecast and budget preparation;
- Knowledge, understanding and application of EU VAT regulation and reporting
- Excellent team player who is very comfortable working as part of a larger team located in different locations
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar degree required
- Recognized accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- 5+ years relevant industry experience (post qualification) with large, fast-growing, multi-national company
- US GAAP financial reporting experience;
- Experience of working with multiple legal entities in international jurisdictions;
- Experience in managing outsourced accounting functions - eg coordination of statutory reporting processes with third party accounting vendors;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including proficiency in Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps
- Experience in Slack platform a plus
- Experience with Netsuite and Concur is preferred
Slack is a messaging app for teams that is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.