At Slack, we consider Customer Experience essential to our success. We have a healthy roster of high-profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication, and we want to provide the best service possible. Our Customer Experience team's top priority is to make our customers successful and ensure that their experience using Slack is a pleasant and productive one.
We believe this is a demanding role that requires a broad skillset to be successful. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack's customers happy, productive, and have the best experience possible, but you will also spend time working with the development team to test new features before release.
- Effectively resolve customer enquiries in a considerate and timely manner.
- Compose thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests.
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the rest of the team.
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the engineering teams.
- Assist the product development and QA teams by testing new features and bug fixes and surfacing customer feedback.
- Make active contributions to help achieve team goals and successes.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation.
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
- You have prior experience in a similar role. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference making our customer happy.
- You understand the web and how it works. You're not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but you're also not afraid of the technology.
- You know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help. You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You possess a mastery of English and are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
- You exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues.
- You have a post-secondary degree or equivalent professional experience.
- You can work with us in our brand new Toronto office!
- You have previously worked with email-centric customer support for a web-based application.
- You have experience providing customer service in a dynamic startup environment.
Slack is a messaging app for teams that is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.