What you will be doing
- You’ll work with the Platform Team to build and grow the Slack app ecosystem. This includes:
- Creating new app experience components and interaction standards for desktop and mobile
- Improving the developer experience
- Enhancing our Slack App Directory
- You'll drive the design vision and strategy for our Slack App Platform, along with Design and Product Leadership.
- You’ll work closely with designers across product teams to improve design systems and ensure craftsmanship.
- You’ll guide, improve, and implement design process.
- Be an active and available craft mentor for other designers, and help to lead critique, design reviews, quarterly planning, and sprint planning.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Recruit and interview new Product Designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process.
What you should have
- 5+ years of extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and idea generation.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Extensive experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.