As a Customer Experience Agent for Slack, your task is to make our customers successful. This is a demanding role that requires a broad skillset. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping Slack's customers happy and productive, but you will also spend time working with the development team to test new features before release. Your job is to ensure that Slack's customers have the best experience possible.
We take customer service seriously. This is not some mindless low-level job, but a position we consider essential to the team's success. We have a healthy roster of high profile companies that rely on Slack for their day-to-day communication and we want to provide the best service we possibly can.
- Effectively resolve customer enquiries in a considerate and timely manner
- Compose thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the rest of the team
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the engineering teams
- Assist the product development and QA teams by testing new features and bug fixes and surfacing customer feedback
- Master specialized product areas
- Make active contributions to help achieve team goals and successes
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of your team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in documentation
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful
- You have prior experience doing email-centric customer support for a web application and you know how to do it well. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a customer happy
- You understand the web and how it works. You're not necessarily writing and deploying your own JQuery-based, CSS-heavy responsive sites, but you're also not intimidated by the technology
- You know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help; You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer
- College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred
- You are open to being flexible with working hours from 11am-7pm but your first 10 weeks of training will be from 9am-5pm
- You have an interest or experience with Live Support
- You are Bilingual and comfortable working on English and Japanese tickets
- You can work with us in our Melbourne, Victoria office
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.