Overview of the role:
As a member of the Sales Business Operations team, you will work cross-functionally with team leads in Sales, Finance, HR, and Accounting to ensure variable compensation for our quota-bearing employees is distributed with accuracy, transparency, and on schedule. You will own creation of foundational best practices and policies that will impact the entire Sales organization. We are an extremely lean team and this is a highly visible role, which creates significant opportunities for learning and growth.
Primary Focus Areas:
1) Sales Comp Plan Administration and Operations
- Set-up, monitor and administer sales commission plans and calculations in Xactly (and in some cases manually) in timely manner within Slack’s monthly/quarterly cadence
- Ensure all commission plans are setup within Xactly prior to each performance period (as an Xactly power user not a system admin)
- Monthly sales commission expense accrual estimation (excel modeling, etc.)
- Commission calculations and payout file prep for all eligible roles
- Prepare and review commission reports for accuracy and completeness - reconciling any issues through x-functional collaboration
- Ensure approval flow and documentation is thorough and complete with regard to above efforts
- Maintain quota and hiring capacity plan for ongoing sales personnel and org updates
- Maintain quarterly quota and hiring plan to assign appropriate quota to new hires
- Determine new hire quota assignments and ensure tracking is up to date
- Ensure quota and comp impacting org changes are appropriately managed through all comp related models and documents
2) Special Cases, Ad-Hoc Policy Administration & Adjustments
- Ad-Hoc comp crediting and special case resolution - Weekly/Monthly
- Review territory policy and comp plan policy in order to action straightforward commission cases via SFDC, Xactly/Gdocs
- Escalate special cases or other issues that do not fall within existing policy to management for resolution
- Document approvals and other related notes for any adjustments that result in pay or crediting adjustments
- Aggregate themes and challenges for enhancement of systems/processes
- Categorize issues for monthly review with Finance and Sales Leadership
- Document and escalate process gaps for continuous improvement
- Build and Expand a more robust territory and sales crediting policy
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of applicable experience in sales compensation or related field
- Experience and intermediate/advanced competency with Xactly and Salesforce CRM
- Strong Excel skills to manage and analyze large data sets for multiple employee groups
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external working partners
- Detail oriented with excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment
- Highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. Slack's investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including Accel Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, Social+Capital, KPCB, Google Ventures, Horizons Ventures, IVP, Spark Growth, DST, and Index Ventures. We currently have five offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne and New York.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.