Collect agenda items for a meeting
What’s it handy for?
Respect your coworkers’ time by collecting agenda items before a meeting to share with them in a document.
Collaborate on shared agendas to:
- Make sure anyone attending the meeting can know the discussion topics in advance
- Allow invitees to decide if they should attend based on what is covered
- Get everyone on the same page about what the meeting is set to accomplish
How to collect agenda items for a meeting:
- In any channel, post a list of proposed meeting agenda items before your meeting, and if possible, use a @mention to notify invitees.
- Ask for additions and clarifications in a thread.
Keep track of notes during and after meetings as well
You can also try dedicated apps or documents for your agendas. MeetNotes is a service to collect agenda items directly in Slack while Dropbox Paper or Google Docs can be used to collect agenda items in new documents shared in channel messages.