Add new team member birthday with BirthdayBot
What’s it handy for?
Bring your team together and celebrate special dates in your workspace with BirthdayBot – automatically with this workflow.
A few uses for this workflow:
- HR / Office Managers: Collecting a birthday date among other information during the onboarding of a new member.
When a new team member joins a channel, a Welcome Form is sent to them that includes a question about their birthday. The response is shared with BirthdayBot, so the app can use it to announce their birthday when it comes.
To get started:
- Install the BirthdayBot Slack app
- Download the example
- Navigate to Workflow Builder and select “Import”
- Once imported, edit the workflow to make sense for your team
- Publish and let everyone know about your masterpiece
See it in action:
- Install the BirthdayBot Slack app.
- Creating and publishing the workflow takes only a few minutes. Import the downloadable template, then assign the channel which will be used to trigger the onboarding form for a new member.
- Customize the welcome form to collect relevant birthday information. Then select the step from BirthdayBot, and send the data collected in your form to BirthdayBot.
- Publish and let your teammates know about your new workflow!