Create and track a new bug with Integration+ for Jira
What’s it handy for?
Allow everyone on your team to create new issues and track resolution in Jira using Integration+ for Jira, without leaving Slack.
A few uses for this workflow:
- Product & engineering: Easily create new issues reported in channel
- Customer support: Tracking customer issues and ensuring resolution
Through the shortcuts menu, anyone can submit a form that then creates an issue in Jira in the project you specify. The process can alert relevant teams to keep everyone informed.
To get started:
- Install the Integration+ for Jira Slack app
- Download the example
- Navigate to Workflow Builder and select “Import”
- Once imported, edit the workflow to make sense for your team
- Publish and let everyone know about your masterpiece
See it in action:
- Install the Integration+ for Jira Slack app.
- Creating and publishing the workflow takes only a few minutes. Import the downloadable template, select a channel for the workflow and customize the form to collect important details about the issue.
- Use the step from Integration+ for Jira, and choose a project and issue type.
- Map the form fields into the Jira issue
- Customize the message to the user and channel as needed, and publish!