Linear helps streamline software projects, sprints, tasks, and bug tracking. Connect Linear and Slack for effortless collaboration and to keep everyone aligned on the current state of work.Create and update issues from Slack • Create issues from the More actions menu • Update and comment on Linear issues from Slack with quick actionsSync threads for immediate updates • Sync a Slack thread to a single Linear issue • Linear will post important status updates and Linear comments as replies to the thread • Replies, screenshots, and files posted in Slack will cross-post to the synced Linear issueShare progress with others • Automatically share project updates from Linear to Slack to keep your whole company informed • Issue and project links posted in Slack expand to show key details such as assignee and project health • Send team and project notifications to dedicated Slack channelsPersonalize your experience • Receive personal notifications in Slack as well as your Linear Inbox • Import Slack emoji into your Linear workspaceWatch a demo and read more about our integration for Slack at https://linear.app/docs/slack.
Linear will be able to view:
Linear will be able to do:
Review the details to better understand this app’s security practices. To learn more about assessing apps for your workspace visit our Help Center.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you with our Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
Data archiving and removal policy
• Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by logging on to your account.
• Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can also correct some of this information directly by logging on to your account.
• Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems. Reach out to email@example.com.
• Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
• Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
• Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
• Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
Data storage policy
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Linear and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Linear in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Linear to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. pursuant to: (i) a data processing agreement incorporating standard data protection clauses promulgated by the European Commission, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087, (ii) binding corporate rules for data protection that align with the GDPR’s requirements, or (iii) adherence to an industry- or technology-specific approved code of conduct blessed by the European Commission.
Data center location(s)
App/service has sub-processors
Certifications & compliance
Data deletion request procedure
If you would like us to delete your personal data, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help.
While this app may offer HIPAA compliance, Slack does not have a business associate agreement with any third-party application providers, including those in the Slack App Directory, so you are responsible for validating the provider's compliance and executing an appropriate agreement before enabling.
Supports Single Sign On (SSO) with the following providers
We currently support most identity providers (Okta, OneLogin, Azure, LastPass, Auth0, Bitum, etc.)
Supports Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)