Zoom for Slack
Slack is all about bringing teams together, and collaboration often requires face-to-face meetings. The Zoom app makes it easy to instantly start or join a meeting directly from Slack.
Before getting started:
- Confirm your Zoom and Slack accounts are linked to the same email address.
- Ensure you have either a Zoom Pro, Business, Education, or API plan. To make outbound calls, you’ll also need a Zoom Phone plan.
Tip: Workspace Owners and Admins can choose to set Zoom as the default calling app in Slack.
Approve Slack in Zoom
In order to install the Zoom app to Slack, a Zoom account admin will need to pre-approve Slack in the Zoom Marketplace.
- Sign in to Zoom.
- Find the Slack listing in the Zoom Marketplace.
- Click the toggle to pre-approve Slack.
Install the Zoom app to Slack
Once Slack has been approved by a Zoom account admin in the Zoom Marketplace, anyone with permission to add apps to your Slack workspace can install the app.
- Visit the Zoom app page in the Slack App Directory.
- Click Add to Slack.
- From the Zoom website, click Add to Slack.
- Click Allow to grant Zoom access to Slack.
- Open your workspace and click Zoom below Apps at the bottom of your left sidebar.
- Select Authorize Zoom and follow the prompts to connect your account.
Note: Once you’ve added the Zoom app to your workspace, each member will need to connect their Zoom account to Slack in order to use it.
Connect your account
If the Zoom app has already been installed to your workspace, you can connect your account by following the steps below:
- From your desktop, click Apps in the left sidebar. If you don't see this option, click More to find it.
- Search for and select Zoom to open a direct message with the app.
- Click Authorize Zoom.
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- Click Authorize.
Use Zoom in Slack
Use the Zoom app to start and join meetings from Slack, or make outbound calls with Zoom Phone.
Start a meeting
- Type the /zoom slash command into the message field of any conversation and send the message. All members of the channel or direct message will see a prompt to join.
- Click Join. This will open Zoom in your browser.
- When prompted, click Open zoom.us.
- Select Sign in to start the meeting.
Join a meeting
- From a meeting request in Slack, click Join to open Zoom in your browser. Or if you know the meeting ID or Zoom link you’d like to join, type /zoom join into the message field in Slack and send the message.
- From your browser, click Open zoom.us to join the meeting.
Make a call with Zoom Phone
With a Zoom Phone plan, use the steps below to make outbound calls from Slack.
- Type /zoom call into the message field in Slack, followed by a member’s Slack display name or phone number. If you enter a display name and the member has more than one phone number associated with their account, select one from the drop-down menu.
- Click Call.
- When prompted, click Open zoom.us to start the call.
Tip: If a Workspace Owner or Workspace Admin has set Zoom as the default calling app for your workspace, you can also click the phone icon to start a meeting from a channel or DM.