Add a message to a pull request
What’s it handy for?
Sometimes the best ideas for improvements come from conversations in Slack. Instead of copying/pasting important context into your code repository, your team can add any Slack message to a pull request, saving time because the important information you need is always available, no matter which tool you’re using.
Adding messages to pull requests is great for:
- Giving developers more context for code changes
- Bubbling up the best ideas and enhancements to the dev team
- Saving time spent jumping between apps by doing it in Slack
Before you get started
How to add a message to a pull request
- Use the message actions menu to add a message to a pull request.
- Decide which repository and pull request to add the message to, click confirm to complete.
- That’s it! Now the important context from your Slack message is also stored in the relevant place within your code repository.