Connect with live audio-first conversations
- Brainstorm, make decisions or just catch up – recreate the spontaneous conversations that you miss from the office with the flip of a switch.
- Share your screen in a huddle when it’s easier to work through a design, deck or proposal together.
- Start a huddle in any channel and anyone can drop in. Plus, with live captions, everyone can join the conversation.
Cut down on meetings with audio and video alternatives
- Record an audio or video clip to share in a channel or DM, where people can watch and respond when it works best for them.
- Share your screen to showcase work, go through a product demo or give step-by-step instructions.
- Watch clips however you want to – speed up or slow down playback, view with captions or read through the transcript.
Frequently asked questions
Your organisation must be on a paid Slack subscription to use huddles or clips.
It’s simple – you can get in with a flip of a switch. In the bottom left-hand corner of your sidebar, you can accept a huddle invitation or join an active huddle in any DM or channel.
Huddles aren’t like traditional phone calls. They provide a faster, ad hoc audio experience that recreates the spontaneous and informal conversations that you used to have in the office.
Yes. You can securely discuss confidential information in Slack, including huddles and clips. Slack offers multiple ways to ensure that your information, conversations and files stay safe. Slack delivers enterprise-grade security at every layer, adhering to multiple compliance certifications. Learn more about Slack’s comprehensive security programme.
Yes. Both features will work in Slack Connect channels and DMs.
- Host open-office hours in a channel.
- Create a virtual co-working space where people can hop in or out.
- Save on cycles of inflexible meetings and games of telephone with ad hoc, quick conversations (e.g. incident management or troubleshooting an IT problem).
- Present work to your team in richer ways, with videos of screen sharing and your narration. Teammates can watch and respond when it’s convenient for them. Go through a design file or complex code, present an update with slides and more.
- Create simple how-to videos for onboarding, product run-throughs or demos.
- If you’re away from your computer and it’s easier to talk than type, quickly send an audio or video clip.
- Share company and team announcements or celebrations (e.g. sales wins, birthdays, new hires) in channels in a more human way.
- Contribute to team culture with informal activities such as story time, AMA sessions or introducing your pets.
- Using Slack Connect: Take your customers through a new product feature with screen sharing.