Apply for the Slack for Charities discount
The Slack for Charities programme offers free or discounted subscription upgrades to eligible organisations. Here are the details:
- Pro subscription: We offer workspaces with 250 or fewer members a free upgrade, and an 85% discount for workspaces above that size.
- Business+ subscription: We offer workspaces of any size an 85% discount.
💡 See our pricing guide to learn about features on these paid subscriptions.
Note: We're happy to extend the Slack for Charities discount to qualifying workspaces on the Slack Enterprise Grid subscription, for deployments of 1,000+ members in an organisation. Please contact us to learn more.
We welcome applications from organisations that hold a valid charitable status with either the IRS (in the United States), a local tax service/charity commission or a local TechSoup Global partner.
Your organisation must not be any of the following:
- A legislative or political organisation
- A church, association of churches or other religious organisation
- A school, college or related organisation*
- A government office
- An organisation that attempts to influence public opinion
- A hospital, an organisation involved with health insurance or group health plans or a related organisation
- A private grant-making, independent or operating foundation
*Educational organisations may be eligible for our Slack for Education programme.
Additionally, your organisation may not do any of the following:
- Discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, political affiliation or beliefs, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression
- Promote a particular religious affiliation, dogma or doctrine as part of its mission or in exchange for its services (being affiliated with a religious organisation is not disqualifying in itself)
How to apply
If your organisation is not using Slack yet, you’ll first need to create a workspace. If you’re already using Slack, a workspace owner can submit an application.
When you’re ready, fill out the Slack for Charities application form. If you have more than one workspace, submit an application for each one that you'd like to request a discount for. We'll ask you to provide the following details about your organisation:
- Legal name
- Brief description of what you're all about
Tax exemption requirements
Once you’ve submitted your application, complete this checklist:
- Check to see if we assess sales tax in your state*
- Add your company name and address to your billing information
- Add Slack’s full name and address to the Vendor or Seller section of your exemption certificate(s) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
*United States only
The review process
So that we can provide upgrades to eligible workspaces, Slack has partnered with TechSoup, a service that helps to review and validate not-for-profit and charitable status.
If your application isn’t approved, you’re welcome to apply in the future if the charitable status of your organisation changes. In the meantime, you’re welcome to continue to use Slack on the Free subscription for as long as you’d like.
A note about our review process
While everyone can use Slack, not every organisation may meet our eligibility requirements to qualify for this programme. Slack sets these guidelines and determines an organisation’s qualification at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to grant or deny an organisation’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend our eligibility guidelines at any time.
If you’ve been approved for the Slack for Charities programme — congratulations! You’ll receive an email confirmation and we’ll apply your free upgrade or discount within three days.
Note: We do not offer refunds for subscription fees paid prior to being approved for the Slack for Charities programme.