Manage Slack Connect discoverability for your workspace
Slack Connect makes it possible to search for external people by their email address and connect with them in Slack via direct message. Workspace owners and admins can choose who can see members’ names and that they use Slack.
Manage discoverability for your workspace
- From your desktop, click on your workspace name at the top left.
- Select Settings & administration, then click Workspace settings.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Next to Slack Connect discoverability, click Expand.
- Select an option: Anyone with their email address (no personal or workspace details will be shared) or No one.
- Click on Save.
Note: Members can also set their own discoverability preference.
Who can use this feature?
Workspace owners and workspace admins
- Available on all subscriptions