Keep everyone on the same page with Slack canvas
Find, manage and share knowledge with ease, all in a new surface in Slack.
Curate content your way
- Capture vital details for anything that you’re working on
- Embed your canvas with files, images, videos and more
- Co-edit with stakeholders in comments and threads, all without leaving Slack
Workflows that make work flow faster
- Build your own automations for whatever you need – no coding required
- See workflows and related context together for seamless actions
- Request support, submit approvals or report issues with a single click
Software Developer, Garner
Where insight leads to action
- Add unfurl links for the apps that you use every day
- Keep data and app insights in view to eliminate context switching
- Take action on items in Salesforce, Jira, Figma and more without leaving a canvas
Three ways to make canvas your own
Get started in a space flexible enough for individuals, small teams or your entire organisation.
Click the canvas icon at the top of your channel to open a collaborative space great for tracking action items or hosting channel FAQ.
Building an onboarding checklist? A PTO coverage subscription? Go to Canvases in your sidebar to create a canvas that can be shared with anyone you work with.
When discretion is key, start a canvas in a DM and track things like 1:1 topics, hiring timelines or your favourite inside jokes.
More to explore around canvas
Meet Slack canvas, a new way to power up your productivity platform
Slack just got better with canvas
How canvas will transform productivity and collaboration
Frequently asked questions
Each channel and DM will automatically include a canvas. From your desktop, open a conversation, then click the canvas icon in the top-right corner of the conversation.
To create a standalone canvas, select Canvases from the sidebar, then click New canvas. If you can’t see Canvases listed, click More to find it.
Take a look at our Help Centre for more ideas on how to get started!
Free teams can access canvases in channels and DMs. Paid teams have the ability to create unlimited canvases, as well as access canvases in channels and DMs.
The ability to embed workflows into canvases will be available later this year, once the new Workflow Builder is available. At the time of the Slack canvas launch, only developers will be able to create a workflow link to embed into a canvas.
Canvases adhere to Slack’s security practices. Canvases work with Slack’s other compliance tools such as EKM, IDR, DLP, data retention, legal hold and more.