Set organisation policies for apps on Enterprise Grid
- Org owners
- Available on the Enterprise Grid subscription
By default, org members can install any app to their workspaces. Org owners can set policies for all the workspaces in their org to manage which apps can be installed, who can access them and how.
What to expect
When an org owner enables a policy from the admin dashboard, the policy will apply to every workspace in their org. Org owners can set the following policies to manage apps across their workspaces:
Allow members to install and use any apps that have been pre-approved. This policy will enable app management at workspace level for all of the workspaces in your org. Workspace owners and app managers will be responsible for approving app requests for their workspace but org owners can approve or restrict apps for their entire org.
App Directory installations
Only allow members to install apps from the Slack App Directory.
Sign in with Slack restrictions
Allow members to sign in to third-party apps using their Slack account. Setting this policy requires that third parties be granted permission to view basic profile and workspace information.
Guest app use restrictions
Allow multi-channel guests to use slash commands and actions in channels they belong to.
Set an organisation policy for apps
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Administration from the menu, then Organisation Settings.
- From the left sidebar, click Settings, then select Organisation Policies.
- Click the Apps tab at the top of the page.
- Next to the app policy, click Add policy.
- Tick the box next to the policy description and click Save policy.
- Click Create policy.
Note: If you don’t set the app management policy for all workspaces in your org, workspace owners can still turn this setting on for the workspaces they manage.