Let additional organisations join a Slack Connect channel
If you have an existing Slack Connect channel with another organisation, someone from the invited organisation must allow additional organisations to join the channel.
Tip: To see which organisation owns a channel, click on the channel name, select the Settings tab and then click on Slack Connect.
Let additional organisations join a channel
- From your desktop, open the channel that you’d like to allow additional organisations to join.
- Click on the channel name in the conversation header.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Hover over Slack Connect, then click on Edit.
- Tick the box next to Let additional organisations join this channel.
- Click Done.
For the organisation that owns the channel, people with permission to manage Slack Connect channels will be notified that additional organisations can now join the channel.
Note: Book a free 20-minute call with a Slack expert to help you get started on working with your external partners in Slack.
Who can use this feature?
Workspace owners/admins and members with permission (Pro and Business+), org owners/admins and members with permission (Enterprise Grid)
- Available on paid subscriptions