Apply for the Slack for Education discount
The Slack for Education programme offers an 85% discount on our Pro or Business+ paid subscriptions. To see the non-discounted cost per member in your currency, go to our pricing page. If your application is approved, your discount will be applied at checkout.
Note: We've extended the Slack for Education discount to qualifying workspaces on the Slack Enterprise Grid subscription, for deployments of 1,000+ faculty, staff and/or students. Please contact us to learn more.
Tip: Visit Keep your school running with Slack to learn more about how we can help with distance learning.
We welcome applicants from the following groups:
- Not-for-profit educational institutions
- Accredited primary, secondary and tertiary institutions*
- Student groups from any of the above
- School districts and regional service agencies**
*Affiliated hospitals, medical centres and patient care facilities are ineligible.
**Federal and state (or equivalent) government offices, such as Departments of Education, are ineligible.
Note: Per our Terms of Service, anyone under the age of 16 may not use Slack. Please see our customer-specific supplement for more information on compliance with the US. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Tip: We also offer discounts for eligible charities! See Slack for Charities for more.
How to apply
If you're not using Slack yet, you’ll need to create a workspace. If you’re already using Slack, a workspace owner can submit an application.
When you’re ready, fill out the Slack for Education application form. We'll ask you to provide the following:
- Basic info about your institution and Slack workspace
- Documents confirming your not-for-profit or accredited status (such as a letter from a tax authority or your school’s central administrator)
- Documents confirming your not-for-profit or accredited status (such as a letter from a tax service or your institution's central administrator or dean confirming your group’s association with the institution. Copies of personal IDs and websites are insufficient.)
Tax exemption requirements
Once you’ve submitted your application, complete this checklist:
- Check to see if we assess sales tax in your state*
- Add your company name and address to your billing information
- Add Slack’s full name and address to the Vendor or Seller section of your exemption certificate(s) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
*United States only
The review process
Our team will review your application and respond as quickly as we can.
If your application isn’t approved, you can apply in the future if the status of your institution changes. In the meantime, you’re welcome to continue using the free version of Slack for as long as you like.
A note about our review process
Everyone can use Slack, but not every organisation may meet our eligibility requirements to qualify for this programme. Slack sets these guidelines and determines an organisation’s qualification at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to grant or deny an organisation’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend our eligibility guidelines at any time.
If we've approved your application – congrats! Workspaces on the free version of Slack will be able to upgrade right away and your discount will be applied at checkout. For those already on a paid subscription, we'll apply the discount to your workspace's account.
Workspaces with a minimum of 58 members on the Pro subscription or 34 members on the Business+ subscription can to choose to pay by credit card or self-serve invoice at checkout.
Note: For workspaces already on a paid subscription, refunds for prior subscription fees are not offered. We also cannot provide vendor or payment forms, portals or agreements at this time.