Join or leave workspaces in an Enterprise Grid org
As a member of a Slack Enterprise Grid organisation, it’s easy to discover and join other workspaces that are central to your work. 🔍
Not on the Enterprise Grid subscription? You won’t have the option to discover or join new workspaces without an invitation. See Join a Slack workspace to learn more.
Join a workspace
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Click Find more workspaces.
- Click View details on any workspace in the list. You can also search for teammates to view their workspaces and find the right one for you.
- To join an open workspace, click Join and open. Or if a workspace requires approval first, click Request to join.
Note: Workspace owners can control how members find and join their workspaces. Read Manage workspace discovery and access for more.
Leave a workspace
No longer need access to a workspace in your org? No problem! As long as it's not a default workspace, you can leave it. This also removes the workspace's icon from your Slack app.
Note: If you can’t see the menu option to leave, you’re in a default workspace. You should contact a workspace owner or admin for help.
Note: Any workspace you’ve been added to via an identity provider (IdP) group is treated as a default workspace. An org owner or admin will need to remove you from the IdP group before you can leave.
Who can use this feature?
All members of an organisation except guests
- Available on the Enterprise Grid subscription