Customize team reminders
What’s it handy for?
Automate reminders – especially those that require team members to submit information – in order to gather information on a recurring basis.
A few uses for this workflow:
- Sales: Submit end-of-month expenses
- Project Managers: Send end-of-week status updates
- Managers: Collect performance self-reflections from a team on a weekly basis
With this workflow, you can send a message to a channel on a recurring frequency to remind a group of people to take action. The workflow message gives more flexibility for delivering content than regular Slack reminders.
To get started:
- Download the example
- Navigate to Workflow Builder and select “Import”
- Once imported, edit the workflow to make sense for your team
- Publish and let everyone know about your masterpiece
See it in action:
- Creating and publishing the workflow takes only a few minutes. Import the downloadable template and select the date, time, frequency, and channel where the reminder should post.
- When the date and time arrive, your reminder message will be automatically posted to the designated channel.
- You could also opt to include a DM to individual team members with a call-to-action to fill out a form. To do this, add a form step that sends to every member of the team.
- People will see the in-channel reminder, prompting them to visit Slackbot to complete their self-review.
- In Slackbot, each team member will have a DM with a button to fill out the form.
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Thanks for your feedback.
Whoops! We’re having some problems. Please try again later.