Incoming webhooks for Slack
Incoming webhooks are an easy way to share information from external sources with your workspace.
How it works
- Send data to the channel of your choice.
- Format webhook messages to stand out from other messages in the channel.
- Use HTTP requests with a JSON payload that includes the message text as well as other options.
Tip: To learn how to add webhooks to Slack using Workflow Builder, visit Create workflows using webhooks.
Set up Incoming Webhooks
Create a new Slack app in the workspace where you want to post messages.
- From the Features page, toggle Activate Incoming Webhooks on.
- Click Add New Webhook to Workspace.
- Pick a channel for the app to post to, then click Authorise.
- Use your Incoming Webhook URL to post a message to Slack.
Note: Check out our Slack API documentation for more details about using Incoming Webhooks.
Incoming Webhooks allow you to add context to your messages by attaching helpful content and links. Things like images, websites, or other pieces of data make these messages more useful for your team.