Slack administration: Manage workflow usage in Slack Connect conversations
Workflow managers can set access permissions that determine whether external people can use a workflow. Owners and admins can override these permissions to decide the following:
- Whether external people can use workflows created by members of their workspace or Enterprise Grid organization.
- If their members can use workflows created by external people.
Note: These permissions don't apply to legacy workflows.
Choose who can run workflows
To decide who can use workflows in Slack Connect, follow the steps below.
Pro and Business+
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the sidebar.
- Select Tools & settings from the menu, then click Workspace settings.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Next to Workflow usage for Slack Connect, click Expand.
- Check or uncheck the boxes, then click Save.
- From your desktop, click your organization name in the sidebar.
- Select Tools & settings from the menu, then click Organization settings.
- Click Slack Connect in the left sidebar, then select Settings.
- Next to Workflows, click Edit.
- Check or uncheck the boxes, then click Save Setting.
To protect your organization, external people can never use a workflow that contains the following:
Additionally, external people can't use a workflow that takes any of these actions in your workspace or org:
Members and guests in your workspace or org can use workflows that contain these steps as long as they’ve been granted access.
Who can use this feature?
Org Owners/Admins (Enterprise Grid plan) and Workspace Owners (Pro and Business+ plans)
- Available on paid plans