Manage who can upgrade a free workspace
By default, any member, excluding guests, can upgrade a free workspace and purchase a paid plan. Upgrading a workspace also gives the member access to managing billing details and making plan changes. Workspace Owners on the Free plan have the option to restrict upgrades and purchases to only Workspace Owners, if they'd prefer.
Tip: If the person responsible for paying for services (e.g., Accounts Payable) at your company isn’t a Workspace Owner, consider keeping the default setting.
Manage upgrades and purchases
Workspace Owners can choose who can purchase a paid plan for their workspace from the Billing page:
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Administration, then Workspace Settings from the menu.
- In the left-side column, locate Administration, then click Billing.
- Click Settings.
- Below Manage upgrades and purchases, choose who can purchase a paid plan for your workspace: Any Full Member or Only Workspace Owners.
Who can use this feature?
- Workspace Owners
- Available on the Free plan