Slack for Education
The Slack for Education program offers an 85% discount on our Standard or Plus paid plans. To see the non-discounted cost per member in your currency, head to our Pricing page.
If your application is approved, your discount will be applied at checkout.
Note: We're now happy to extend the Slack for Education discount to qualifying workspaces on the Slack Enterprise Grid plan, for deployments of 1,000+ faculty, staff, and/or students. Please contact us to learn more.
Tip: Visit Keep your school running with Slack to learn more about how we can help with distance learning.
We welcome applicants from the following groups:
- Nonprofit educational institutions
- Accredited primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions*
- Student groups from any of the above
- School districts and regional service agencies**
* Affiliated hospitals, medical centers, and patient care facilities are ineligible.
** Federal and state (or equivalent) government offices, such as Departments of Education, are ineligible.
Note: Per our Terms of Service, anyone under the age of 16 may not use Slack. Please see our Customer-Specific Supplement for more information on compliance with the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Tip: We also offer discounts for eligible nonprofits! See Slack for Nonprofits for more.
How to apply
If you're not using Slack yet, you’ll need to create a workspace. If you’re already using Slack, a Workspace Owner can submit an application.
When you’re ready, fill out the Slack for Education application form. We'll ask you to provide the following:
- Basic info about your institution and Slack workspace
- Documents confirming your nonprofit or accredited status (such as a letter from a tax service or your school's central administrator)
- Documents confirming your nonprofit or accredited status (such as a letter from a tax service or your institution's central administrator or dean confirming your group association with the institution. A copy of personal IDs and websites are insufficient.)
The review process
Our team will review your application and respond as quickly as we can.
If your application isn’t approved, you can apply in the future if the status of your institution changes. In the meantime, you’re welcome to continue using the free version of Slack for as long as you’d like.
A note about our review process
Everyone can use Slack but not every organization may meet our eligibility requirements to qualify for this program. Slack sets these guidelines and determines an organization’s qualification at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend our eligibility guidelines at any time.
If we've approved your application — congrats! Workspaces on the free version of Slack will be able to upgrade right away and your discount will be applied at checkout. For those already on a paid plan, we'll apply the discount to your workspace's account.
Workspaces with 25 or more members will have the option to choose between paying by credit card or self-serve invoice when checking out.
Note: For workspaces already on a paid plan, refunds for prior subscription fees are not offered. We also cannot provide vendor or payment forms, portals, or agreements at this time.