Automatically welcome new channel members
What’s it handy for?
Reduce time-to-productivity by using Workflow Builder to automatically share relevant context and information with someone when they join your channel.
A few uses for this workflow:
- HR: Share key info and resources when new hires join their team channel
- Project Managers: Share pinned docs when someone joins your project channel
- Sales: Link people supporting you on a deal to key resources upon joining your account channel
- External: Inform someone that the channel they joined has individual guests
- Account Managers: Onboard new customers into shared channel
With this workflow, a direct message with information of your choosing is automatically sent to anyone who joins a selected channel.
To get started:
- Download the example
- Navigate to Workflow Builder and select “Import”
- Once imported, edit the workflow to make sense for your team
- Publish and let everyone know about your masterpiece
See it in action:
- Creating and publishing the workflow takes only a few minutes. Import the downloadable template, select a channel for the workflow and customize with any information, context, or links relevant to the channel.
- When someone new joins the channel, the workflow automatically sends them a direct message.
- It can also prompt the user to complete a form to introduce themselves to their team in the channel.