Incoming Webhooks for Slack
Incoming Webhooks are a simple way to share information from external sources with your workspace.
How it works
- Send data to the channel of your choice.
- Format webhook messages to stand out from other messages in the channel.
- Use HTTP requests with a JSON payload which includes the message text as well as other options.
Tip: Want to learn about HTTP requests? Check out this HTTP tutorial.
Set up Incoming Webhooks
- Create a Slack app (if you don't already have one).
- Enable Incoming Webhooks from the settings page.
- After the settings page refreshes, click Add New Webhook to Workspace.
- Pick a channel that the app will post to, then click Authorize.
- Use your Incoming Webhook URL to post a message to Slack.
Note: Check out our API Documentation for more details about using Incoming Webhooks.
Incoming Webhooks allow you to add context to your messages by attaching helpful content and links. Things like images, websites, or other pieces of data make these messages more useful for your team.
Note: Learn how to add content and links to messages from our Slack API documentation.