Add descriptions to images
When you add an image to Slack, you can include a description. This description (or alt text) will help people with visual impairments understand more about the image you’ve shared.
Note: Image descriptions are currently only available on desktop and Android devices, but we may make this feature available for iOS devices in the future.
Add a description
- Drag and drop an image into the message field in Slack, or click the plus icon next to the message field and choose an image to add.
- Click the image in the message field.
- Select Edit file details in the top-left corner.
- Add your description and edit the file name if you'd like.
- Click Save Changes.
Tip: You can also add a description after you’ve shared a file. Click the three dots icon on the image then select Edit file details.
Add your image to Slack.
- Tap the image and select the three dots icon in the bottom-left corner.
- Select Add description.
- Add your description and tap Save.
Who can use this feature?