Slack for Nonprofits
Part of an organization fighting Covid-19? Fill out this form to request three months of a paid Slack plan free of charge.
The Slack for Nonprofits program offers free or discounted plan upgrades to eligible organizations. Here are the details:
- Standard Plan: We offer workspaces with 250 or fewer members a free upgrade, and an 85% discount for workspaces above that size.
- Plus Plan: We offer workspaces of any size an 85% discount.
💡 See our pricing guide to learn about features on these paid plans.
Note: We're happy to extend the Slack for Nonprofits discount to qualifying workspaces on the Slack Enterprise Grid plan, for deployments of 1,000+ members in an organization. Please contact us to learn more.
We welcome applications from organizations that hold a valid charitable status with either the IRS (in the United States), a local tax service/charity commission, or a local TechSoup Global partner.
Also, your organization must not be any of the following:
- A legislative or political activity organization
- A church, association of churches, or other religious organization
- A school, college, or a related organization*
- A government office
- An organization that attempts to influence public opinion
- A hospital, organization involved with health insurance or group health plans, or a related organization
- A private grant-making, independent, or operating foundation
*Educational organizations may be eligible for our Slack for Education program.
Additionally, your organization may not do any of the following:
- Discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, political affiliation or beliefs, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression
- Promote a particular religious affiliation, dogma, or doctrine as part of its mission or in exchange for its services (being affiliated with a religious organization is not in itself disqualifying)
How to apply
If your organization is not using Slack yet, you’ll need to first create a workspace. If you’re already using Slack, a Workspace Owner can submit an application.
When you’re ready, fill out the Slack for Nonprofits application form — if you have more than one workspace, submit an application for each one you'd like to request a discount for. You'll be asked to provide these details: your organization’s legal name, its location, website, and a brief description of what you’re all about.
The review process
So that we can provide upgrades to eligible workspaces, Slack partners with TechSoup, a service that helps review and validate nonprofit and charity status.
If your application isn’t approved, you’re welcome to apply in the future if the charitable status of your organization changes. In the meantime, you’re welcome to continue using Slack on the Free plan for as long as you’d like.
A note about our review process
While everyone can use Slack, not every organization may meet our eligibility requirements to qualify for this program. Slack sets these guidelines and determines an organization’s qualification at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend our eligibility guidelines at any time.
If you’ve been approved for the Slack for Nonprofits program — congrats! You’ll receive an email confirmation and we’ll apply your free upgrade or discount within three days.
Note: We do not offer refunds for subscription fees paid prior to being approved for the Slack for Nonprofits program.