Coordinate needs across shared channels
What’s it handy for?
Collaboration happens both within and beyond the walls of your organization. Create workflows for a shared channel to automatically route your requests to the right people at a partner org, and get your needs met faster.
A few uses for this workflow:
- Submit requests to external partners, like a travel booking agency (see example below)
- Have customers send feedback or needs directly to your team’s support channel
- Onboard new accounts into your shared channel
See it in action:
- Creating and publishing the workflow takes only a few minutes. Import the downloadable template, select a channel for the workflow, and customize the form with the info you’d like to collect. Then, add a message step that specifies which channel(s) to route the details to, such as the Shared Channel with a partner organization.
- The form can be launched by anyone in the shortcut menu.
- The request will automatically post in channel, notifying the team that is responsible.
- After your team approves the request, you can forward it to your partner agency with just a click. They can begin a conversation in thread or simply confirm that the request has been fulfilled, all within your shared channel.
To get started:
- Download the example
- Navigate to Workflow Builder and select “Import”
- Once imported, edit the workflow to make sense for your team
- Publish and let everyone know about your masterpiece