Run a poll to collect ideas from your teammates
What’s it handy for?
Running a quick poll is a great way to get feedback from your team on anything from an upcoming lunch order to picking the best photo for a company blog post.
Run polls to:
- Get feedback on naming or copy
- Take a lunch order
- Vote on ideas
- Pick the date for a future event
- Rate how useful a meeting or event was after the fact
- And many more…
Before you get started
The simplest way to run a poll in Slack is to use Emoji reactions for voting, but you can do more robust polls, or export results, with apps like Polly or SimplePoll. Add a polling app to Slack to get started.
How to run a poll to collect ideas
- Write up a message that asks for input and offers options. Use message formatting to make sure the voting options are really clear.
- Ask people to respond using emoji reactions. You may want to put one vote on each, to make it easier for others to just tap to vote.
- Wait a bit and see which consensus forms to help you make a decision.