Run an executive question and answer (AMA) session
What’s it handy for?
Build a space for employees to ask questions freely of executive staff, who can read the channel and answer questions as they come in.
An executive AMA is a great way to:
- Hold office hours
- Appear in regular live Q&A sessions
- Create an open door policy
- Remain accessible to employees, even in larger companies
How to run an executive AMA in Slack:
- Create a new channel called #exec-ama.
- Announce it in channels with your largest membership and encourage everyone to join.
- Post a policy document to help guide employees in formating their questions, and pin it to the channel.
- Set a helpful tone with timely and thoughtful answers from your executives.
- Bring a bit more clarity and transparency to your entire team.