Use emoji reactions
Emoji reactions are a quick way to respond to any message in Slack. They can often replace the need for follow-up messages or replies in a thread. ✨
|👋 Hello! or I can help you with that
||👌 Ok! or I understand
|👀 I’m looking into it
➕ I agree
|✅ Complete or approved
||👏 Great job! or Well done!
Add a reaction
You can add up to 23 emoji reactions to any message, but the maximum per message is 50 unique emoji. Use the steps below to add a reaction to a message:
- Hover over a message and click the Add a reaction icon.
- Choose an emoji, then watch it appear below the message.
Tip: To react to the most recent message, type +:emoji_name: in the message box and send, or use ⌘Shift\ (Mac) or CtrlShift\ (Windows) to open the emoji picker.
- Tap and hold on the message you'd like to add a reaction to.
- Select Add reaction.
- Select from your most frequently used emoji reactions at the top of the menu. Or to add a different reaction, tap the Add a reaction icon.
Remove a reaction
Reactions you’ve added will show in blue. If you want to remove one, click or tap the emoji to remove it from the message. Keep in mind that you can only remove the reactions you've added.
See who reacted to a message
If you see a message with an emoji reaction attached to it, simply hover over the reaction to see who added it.
If you see a message with an emoji reaction attached to it, simply long press a reaction to see who added it.
See reactions to your messages
You can see a list of recent reactions that have been added to your messages.
- Click the Activity icon in the top right.
- Scroll the list to see other people's reactions to your messages.
Tip: When someone reacts to one of your messages, you'll see the emoji momentarily appear over the Activity icon.
- Swipe right to left to open the right sidebar.
- Tap Activity.
- Tap the Overflow menu icon at the top right.
- Tap Activity.