Approve and send company wide announcements
What’s it handy for?
Using your main #general channel to post company announcements means everyone on your team will see them, and it can be a great way to share news and information every employee should know.
Company wide announcements are great for:
- Sharing important information with everyone
- Giving everyone a quick way to scan company news
- Get a heads up at upcoming launches and campaigns
How to approve and send company-wide announcements
- Create a private channel called #announcement-drafts where invited internal communications and marketing staff can post drafts of upcoming news meant for company announcements.
- Use message formatting to make your announcements easy to scan by using emoji to set off sections and bold titles to serve as headers.
- In your private #announcement-drafts channel, gather feedback and suggested rewrites from everyone, and when the time is right, post to your public announcements channel.
- Tip: you can rename your default #general channel to #announcements and set it to only allow administrators of your Slack workspace to post. Also, check out our Schedule messages in the future tip to help post company-wide updates.