Connect with live audio-first conversations
- Brainstorm, make decisions or just catch up—re-create the spontaneous conversations you miss from the office with the flip of a switch.
- Share your screen in a huddle when it’s easier to work through a design, deck or proposal together.
- Start a huddle in any channel and anyone can drop in. Plus, with live captions, everyone can join the conversation.
Cut down on meetings with audio and video alternatives
- Record an audio or video clip to share in a channel or DM, where people can watch and respond when it works best for them.
- Share your screen to showcase work, walk through a product demo, or give step-by-step instructions.
- Watch clips how you want—speed up or slow down playback, view with captions, or read through the transcript.
Frequently asked questions
Your organization must be on a paid Slack plan to use huddles or clips.
It’s simple—you’re in with a flip of a switch. In the bottom left corner of your sidebar, you can accept a huddle invitation or join an active huddle in any DM or channel.
Huddles aren’t like traditional phone calls. They provide a faster, ad hoc audio experience that re-creates the spontaneous and informal conversations you used to have in the office.
Yes. You can securely discuss confidential information in Slack, including huddles and clips. Slack offers multiple ways to ensure that your information, conversations and files stay safe. Slack delivers enterprise-grade security at every layer, adhering to multiple compliance certifications. Learn more about Slack’s comprehensive security program.
Yes. Both features will work in Slack Connect channels and DMs.
- Host open office hours in a channel.
- Create a virtual coworking space where people can hop in or out.
- Save on cycles of inflexible meetings and games of telephone with ad hoc, quick conversations (e.g. incident management or troubleshooting an IT problem).
- Present work to your team in richer ways, with videos of screen sharing and your narration. Teammates can watch and respond when convenient. Walk through a design file or complex code, present an update with slides, and more.
- Create simple how-to videos for onboarding, product walkthroughs or demos.
- If you’re away from your computer and it’s easier to talk than type, quickly send an audio or video clip.
- Share company and team announcements or celebrations (e.g. sales wins, birthdays, new hires) in channels in a more human way.
- Contribute to team culture with informal activities like story time, AMA sessions, or introducing your pets.
- Using Slack Connect: Walk your customers through a new product feature with screen sharing.