Save messages and files
You can save messages and files in Slack to bookmark them and reference them later. To view the messages and files you’ve saved, click Saved near the top of your left sidebar.
What to expect
- The messages and files you save are only visible to you. To help make a message or file easier to reference for other members, try pinning the item to a channel.
- Saving a message will also include any thread replies that have been added to it.
- When a file is uploaded with an added message, you can choose to save only the file, or the file and its associated message together.
- To remove a message or file from saved, hover over it and click the save icon.
Save a message
- Hover over the message you'd like to save.
- Click the save icon.
Save a file
- Hover over the file you'd like to save.
- Click the More actions icon.
- Select Save.