Open conversations in split view
Split view lets you see information from different parts of Slack side-by-side. Open two conversations or pages and view them both at the same time, without having to move back and forth between them.
Use split view
- From your desktop, press Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows/Linux) and click the name of a conversation or page in your left sidebar.
- If you’d like, click and drag the separator bar in the middle to adjust conversations to your preferred width.
- To close split view, click the close icon in the top right.
Tip: If you’re opening a channel or DM in split view from your sidebar, you can right-click on a conversation name and choose Open in split view.
What you can open in split view
- Channels and direct messages (DMs)
- A new message from the compose button
- Items at the top of your sidebar, like Mentions & reactions, Saved items,
Unreads, and more
- Suggested search terms when you type in the search field
- Pinned messages
- Thread replies
Note: This feature is only available in Slack on your desktop.